In 2005, Congress passed 179D as part of the Energy Policy Act. This little-known tax deduction saves millions of dollars every year for building owners, architects and engineers by rewarding energy-efficient designs and upgrades — up to $1.80/square foot on eligible projects.
As part of the budget deal passed in early February 2018, Congress extended this deduction and retroactively made it available for tax-year 2017 projects.
If your firm is preparing to file for 2017 and delivered energy-efficient projects, this free webinar is for you.
In it, Senior Tax Counsel Michael Platner and 179D strategists Dennis Stilger and Paula Pyles walk you through:
- The ins and outs of the 179D deduction for architects and engineers
- The types of projects eligible for 179D
- Who can take the 179D deduction
- Certification requirements for capturing the 179D deduction
- How the recent Congressional budget deal affects 179D
- Timely, recent developments on energy-efficiency tax deductions
- And more